Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Second Reflexive Diary with DJ



D E S T I N A T I O N   J U S T I C E
Memorandum

Reflexive Diaries
Project
Justice Sector Internship Program
From
Destination Justice
To
Justice Ambassadors
Date
07 March 2014

My Second Reflexive Diary

          Dear, Catherine and Sophie

          I am Dara, you can call Mabb. Today on this my second reflexive diary, I just want to mention about my experience or work that I have received from my workplace, IBJ. But before I will talk about this point, I want to say thank you to Destination Justice for your workshop and your lessons how to teach us to learn about new thing that I haven’t leant in the past. However, I would like to say sorry with you all with my delaying the reflexive diary for you because I really have something to do first, but I will do what I am responsible with you, Catherine and Sophie. I also would say thank both of you so much for my delaying. Therefore, it is not my excuse with you, but I am really busy with my study and work nowadays. But I will try from my best to do what I can do for you even if it is good or not, especially sending the reflexive diary every week for you.
          Now I would like to talk about my real thing what I have experienced from my workplace, IBJ. I have been working with the International Bridges to Justice since December 16th, 2013 with other legal interns. I am really happy when I knew that I have passed my interview with program officer, Jeanne Salome and the coordinator, Sim Dalis. The reason why I was happy at that time is I think I have ability to compete the jobs with other people. I think my contract with IBJ will be ended on 16th this month, so I have known IBJ for three months (the period of my internship), but I think I haven’t received the experience not enough because I have worked only three hours per day and 15 hours per week. What I have got from my workplace are the legal lessons that are linked to the theory that I have learnt from my university. For example, I have learnt a lot about penal code and civil code from school. Even if I didn’t remember it at all, but I can remember what I have met some cases from workplace something like that. Before I never knew how to defend the clients, how to put the letter for clients in order to release to live outside of jail temporarily because the clients are investigating. In this month, workplace is not busy for me because it doesn’t have cases so much for me to bring the letter for defending and releasing to municipal court in Phnom Penh and Kandal’s court. But last month, I had to ride the motorbike a lot in order to bring the letter to invite the guests or the speakers from the Ministry of Justice, institutions and other local organizations with our workshop or street law.
          Nowadays, I also have some duty and work to do every day with my boss. For example, I have to count the participants that are participated in the street laws through other provinces in Cambodia. Then I need to type the data that I have counted already in order to send to my boss for keeping those data. Moreover, sometimes my boss gave me some documents to translate from English to Khmer, Khmer to English, but I think it is a problem for me because I don’t know the technique words in law too much, so I want Destination Justice can provide me some technique words in English law.
          I feel I have power to do everything if my workplace can provide me to learn more with Destination Justice and also provide me some works to do for my experiences and knowledge. Sometimes I am also bored when I have nothing to do at my workplace. One more thing that we can’t forget it at my workplace is relationship with the staff at IBJ. We are always friendly each other, and they always help me to finish my work when they are free from their work. I really appreciate with this point so much.
          Last week, I also learnt a lot from my work with another workplace at the Career Advising Services (CAS) Team at Royal University of Phnom Penh. For example, I went to Camp at high school in Takeo and Kompong Thom to provide some knowledge to the students that we had good cooperation with U.S Peace Corps. So I think I learnt a lot last week. For instance, I can improve my public speaking and good cooperation.
          At the end of my reflexive diary this time, I would like to conclude what I have mentioned about is I can learn about good cooperation with the staff and other organizations. For example, we have unity to help each other in our organization. Moreover, I can improve my public speaking that I have present with weekend’s work with CAS Team and Peace Corps.
          I hope you would have some points for correcting my mistake or what I should strengthen more in order to get success. I am looking forward your feedback to me soon. I will send you my next reflective diary soon, right. I will try to send you on time after I will finish my personal work.
Thank you,
Best regards,

PEOU Dara
Cambodia Legal Intern
International Bridges to Justice (IBJ) Cambodia
#25K, Street 488
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
www.ibj.org

No comments:

Post a Comment