Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Third Reflexive Diary with DJ



D E S T I N A T I O N   J U S T I C E
Memorandum
Reflexive Diaries
Project
Justice Sector Internship Program
From
Destination Justice
To
Justice Ambassadors
Date
14 March 2014

My Third Reflexive Diary

          Dear, Catherine and Sophie

          Hi again, today I would like to give you my third reflexive diary about my duty at International Bridges to justice (IBJ). I also want to mention about my skills that I want to strengthen them. Therefore, now please let me describe duty what I have done last week.
          Thus, now I want to talk about my duty at IBJ last week and this week (Monday&Tuesday). I didn’t have the duty to work too much last week. For example, I just sent and received the documents from others. I also went to find the place for meeting this month with my administrative officer. In addition, I have learnt how to write on the cover of the cases. However, I didn’t work with the street law, but I have prepared the old documents in order to put all of them correctly through each DRC. I think it is all for my work this week.  
          However, I wondered that why my organization helped the clients who have done the bad things on good people in order to cut down the year in the jail. I think the wrong people shouldn’t be helped from my organization. For instance, nowadays we got some cases from the clients. The clients wanted my organization to help them to cut down the year that they will be detained in the jail for 18 years in the case of stealing someone’s property for three times. I haven’t known yet my boss or lawyer will accept that request or not from the clients.
          Besides, I think I haven’t known about procedure or general laws clearly yet because I still don’t know to analyze the cases from clients. One more thing I also concerned about language, English because I am not very good at speaking and don’t know how to translate the law from English to Khmer, Khmer to English. So I just want to require the Destination Justice (DJ) in order to provide us legal English class. Furthermore, I want to know how to be good at public speaking because if I am a lawyer, I will be a lawyer to detain my clients, so I need to speak in front of the leaders, right. I just want to know how to analyze them, I am also happy to make the workshop my weekend workplace, CAS Team with FUSAAC at Institute of Technology of Cambodia. I have done well with my responsibility.
          I hope you would have some points for correcting my mistake or what I should strengthen more in order to get success. I am looking forward your feedback to me soon. I will send you my next reflective diary soon, right. I will try to send you on time after I will finish my personal work.

Thank you,
Best regards,

PEOU Dara
Cambodia Legal Intern
International Bridges to Justice (IBJ) Cambodia
#25K, Street 488
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
www.ibj.org

No comments:

Post a Comment