Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Sixth Reflexive Diary with DJ



D E S T I N A T I O N   J U S T I C E
Memorandum
Reflexive Diaries
Project
Justice Sector Internship Program
From
Destination Justice
To
Justice Ambassadors
Date
04 April 2014

My Sixth Reflexive Diary

          Dear, Catherine and Sophie
         
          Hi, my good trainers. Today I would like to share of my sixth reflexive diary with both of you about my experience, duty, and learning from last week. First, I would like to talk about my experience and duty. I really appreciate with my experience and duty nowadays that I have done a part-time job with the International Bridges to Justice (IBJ), I also work at the weekend with the Career Advising Services (CAS) Team. For example, I felt so excited when I had a good chance to work in my organization as a legal intern. Therefore, I have gained some good knowledge, experiences from my organization. As you have known IBJ has been working with the legal services in order to help the victimized clients. IBJ is my first organization that I have worked with, but sometimes I think it was not good enough for me because it lacked the duties for me to do. So it wasn’t strange and new thing for me. I really want to do the new thing to get a new knowledge. However, I am still really grateful for IBJ which provided me for those good experiences, and I felt happy and warm when I had a good relationship with co-workers. That is, it has a good situation in my workplace. Another thing I would like to mention is my duties that I have worked and achieved so far such as:
-       Bringing the documents that sent from IBJ’s provincial offices,
-       Sending the documents to provincial offices,
-       Sending the invitation letters for high rank leaders in other institutions to make the street laws or round tables together with IBJ,
-       Counting the attendant lists of participants in round tables and street laws,
-       Putting the defended letters or released letter for victimized clients at the Municipal of Phnom Penh Court and the Court of Kandal province,
-       Carrying the paid receipt away for Internet; electricity; telephone services and others,
-       Preparing the documents or equipment for roundtables or street laws
Second, one more thing that I like is to work in the social work at the weekend with Career Advising Services (CAS) Team which is operated with the Peace Corps. For instance, CAS Team is a service to provide some information for the high school students such as how to study well in high school, how to live in Phnom Penh, how to apply for the scholarship from university, especially how to choose the major to study at university. Therefore, I and my team have to speak a lot in front of the students. Thus, I am so excited that I have learned some strategies about public speaking from trainers at the Destination Justice. It really helped me to abolish the fear in order for making a good presentation or public speaking by some strategies such as using the gesture or body languages with the eyes contact, practicing to speak with parents, friends and other people around us regularly or speaking alone in front of mirror, managing the time properly, and other methods from the Destination Justice.
          Last but not the end of my reflexive diary, so see you the next part of my seventh reflexive diary rom my workplaces, Destination Justice, and school. Moreover, I would like to say thank for my workplaces which provided me the good knowledge, good experience, and I’m really highly grateful for the Destination Justice which has made these workshop happened for the interns.
Thank you,
Best regards,

PEOU Dara
Cambodia Legal Intern
International Bridges to Justice (IBJ)
#25K, Street 488
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
www.ibj.org

No comments:

Post a Comment