Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Fifth Reflexive Diary with DJ


D E S T I N A T I O N   J U S T I C E
Memorandum
  Reflexive Diaries
Project
Justice Sector Internship Program
From
Destination Justice
To
Justice Ambassadors
Date
28 March 2014

My Fifth Reflexive Diary

Dear, Catherine and Sophie
Hi, my good trainers. Today I would like to tell you my new thing last week. I think I got a good knowledge from the lawyers in the training of my organization, IBJ with the Office of the Co-Prosecutor, ECCC which is held in the Pre-School Teacher Training Center in Phnom Penh on 24-25 March, 2014. According to my participation in the Defense Lawyers Training Program last week, I saw that it was very unique for me. We can say that I have never participated like that training before. For example, I met the lawyers from my organization in other provinces in Cambodia, and especially I have met the senior assistant prosecutor, international co-prosecutor and national deputy co-prosecutor from the Extraordinary of Chambers in the Court of Cambodia (ECCC). I really felt excited with that training so much. Even though I felt a little bit tired, but I really liked it. The things that I have learnt from that training are how to interview the victims, perpetrators, and the witnesses with the lawyers in order to get the result. We can say that it was the mock court to act like in the real court. Another thing is we have learnt more about the articles in the legal context which is related to the Cambodian criminal code, code of criminal procedure, fraudulent appropriation and other articles in the Cambodian legal books in order to make sure that we have known about those articles clearly.   Namely, the first day of training, I learnt some theories that I have mentioned above. But in the second day, it had the mock court for the lawyers or lawyer assistants to interview the plaintiff, defendant to investigate in those cases. For instance, the prosecutors from ECCC let the lawyers from IBJ which was divided into six to seven groups to interview the clients for each groups from the morning to the evening, so I have learnt about that for a whole of the day. Thus, I think it’s really good for me to participate that training because I can learn from the mock court with the theory. Even though I didn’t understand all or one hundred percent, but I just knew that it’s really great for me and the legal students to learn it. I really appreciate with the kinds of those trainings with other organizations include the Destination Justice. I will be able to joint it all the times. The more we learn, the more we know and the more we joint, the more we gain the knowledge. Moreover, after we finished or end the training, we were also invited by Mr. Koumjian Nicholas who is the ECCC international co-prosecutor in order for joining of Official Launch of Annotated Cambodian Code of Criminal Procedure with national and international leaders from other organizations in Cambodia at Cambodiana Hotel. So I have received three more books to read. Furthermore, I can create the relationship with the new people; I really like making the relationships. Last but not least, I would like to end my fifth reflexive diary for only this, but I will have met you the next reflexive diary soon. Thank you so much for giving me some parts of the knowledge, my DJ’s trainers.

Thank you,
Best regards,

PEOU Dara
Cambodia Legal Intern
International Bridges to Justice (IBJ)
#25K, Street 488
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
www.ibj.org

No comments:

Post a Comment